With growth at the very heart of their affiliate channel strategy, the AO Group made the decision to move away from their previous SaaS provider and back to the Awin network to aid them in achieving their large channel targets.
The group successfully launched within Awin’s Key Account Management department in November 2020, just weeks before their all-important Cyber Weekend trading period and annual peak.
Given these timings, it was critical for all parties to ensure the migration was seamless and that Awin had the best foundations in place to deliver and optimise from day one. Throughout the entire RFP and pre-launch planning phase, AO were clear about the affiliate channel objectives they needed Awin to pursue.
- Awin’s Business Intelligence GAP analysis tool enabled significant new partnerships; in the first 12 weeks alone, we onboarded nine top network revenue-drivers within the electronics sector.
- A SWOT and benchmarking analysis of the full AO.com programme quickly showcased which affiliate types had the most room for meaningful growth and informed our joint optimisation strategy.
- Conversion Analytics data was utilised to understand which of AO’s product categories warranted more granular focus and consideration.
- SingleView attribution insights were overlayed onto Awin market data to identify untapped, revenue-driving opportunities that AO’s competitors were benefitting from.
- Migrating this large group onto the network in a fully-remote working world throughout the pandemic meant creative relationship-building techniques were required to nurture a strong, open and fun relationship with AO from the offset.
In the 90 days post-migration, Awin achieved the following growth on AO.com’s programme:
- Active publisher membership base increased by 84%
- 52% YoY increase in revenue
- 99% YoY increase in sales volume
- 33% of AO.com’s YoY revenue growth was directly driven by new, Awin-powered partnerships
- More than doubled AO.com’s sales-driving editorial partnerships
"We were extremely impressed with the smoothness of the migration to Awin, the extensive research and planning that Awin undertook was vital given the migration was occurring in the biggest trading month of the year. Since going live, the results we have achieved have been exceptional, the Awin team have quickly and seamlessly integrated themselves as an extension of the talented in-house team we have at AO.”
If you are interested in working with AO, please contact the team here.
If you are an advertiser looking to launch an affiliate programme, please contact the Awin team here.